Letting go of fears and choosing hypnobirthing affirmations...
|Sift through your mind and take stock of any fears, concerns, doubts or anxieties about anything to do with your baby coming into the world... Then write / draw / make / print out your positive affirmations! |
- Draw a simple table with two columns. On the left side write down your doubts, anxieties, fears and worries about anything to do with your baby coming into the world. Note them down as soon as they come to mind - without judgement or analysis. You may wish to do this privately, or sometimes it's interesting for mothers and partners to do it separately, then come together to discuss
- Getting negative thoughts out and writing them down goes a long way to neutralise them, which otherwise, left unprocessed, might interfere with your ability to eliminate the suboptimal fight-or-flight state during birth. Don't forget your weekly fear release hypnobirthing MP3 (full subscribers)
- Now on the right side, think up some 'antidotes' - your positive affirmations. The way you word them is personal to you, but use positively worded phrases in the present tense (i.e. don't make negative statements in the future tense such as "The pain won't be too bad". Rather say something like "I take all of the natural sensations in my stride"
- Finally, put together your identified personal birth affirmations, alongside downloading and printing any others/ pictures you are drawn to below (scroll all the way down this page). Display them at home or work, or on your phone / computer - anywhere you will see them regularly and be reminded of maintaining your positive mindset...
- Repeat this exercise every few weeks, because your feelings may change and evolve
- Absorb other positive birth imagery, video and sounds
- Look out for your daily affirmations email (contact me if you're not receiving yours) and regularly absorb the slideshow below :)
Hypnobirthing affirmations gallery...